Saturday, January 9, 2010

Wings Lifted, Away She Soars!

Like anyone else who has any, I find that grandchildren must be one of Gods' most perfect plans.  Where else do we get to love and be loved so unconditionally?   Though mine are past the cuddly, toddler stage, and a couple are even past the prickly adolescent stage, I never cease enjoying spending even a few minutes with them. 



When my mother passed away, her grandchildren spoke of the unabashed way she convinced each one that they were "Special", "The Best", and that, without a shred of doubt they "could do it!"  Unamazingly, I feel exactly the same about my first five, and now my "new" six,  a few more "adopted" ones, and the first of a whole new generation.  There isn't anything that they would imagine to do, set out to accomplish, that I wouldn't believe in, wholeheartedly. 




And when one spreads her wings and soars off, high into the clouds.........there is a lump in my throat, tears in my eyes.  Oh, yes, I knew it all along, but the sight of it ......it takes my breath away!



On January 9, 2010, Ms Molly Bundy, having just turned 21 years, boards a plane headed for Spain, where she will live, travel and study for the next four months.  How she has worked, studied, and saved!  She will stay with a Spanish family, speak the language, and learn things about a completely different world.  What an adventure!  Amazing!








My heart, love, and prayers go with you, my dear girlie.  You are Special!  You are the Best!  You Can Do It!!

2 comments:

  1. From mushy french fries to Spain she's your sweetie Grams:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww that's so nice gram!! i love that tanners picture especially! i'll miss everyone, stay in touch! also email me your address when you can.

    ReplyDelete