Thursday, April 8, 2010

SPRUNG!

SPRUNG!

REMEMBER THIS?

This morning as I was pouring coffee, letting the cat out, and raising blinds, I found myself humming a little tune, talking cheerfully to inanimate objects as I moved through my routine.  Suddenly, I was chortling to myself as I opened the front door.......

........to this



and this.......



and this......







and this!!!!!!!




How is it that every atom  of creation moves in synchronicity with how the rhythms of our life ebb and flo?  How is it I go so long of a time blind and deaf to it all, only to open my front door and have it spill in, flooding every sense I possess?

The slowing down, the ebbing of energy, the gradual wilting and dying, the frozen burial of despair........

.....and, then.....

the Resurrection!!!!




3 comments:

  1. Love the poem by Tagore, wow!

    You do an admiral job of wringing meaning from our intemperate seasons. But I am growing convinced that humans were meant for warmer climates. How can I ignore the improvement that warmth brings to physical, emotional and community health? Not just my own, I see it around me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the same things about the warmer climes, especially as my body ages. The idea of spending those frigid months on a balmy beach, hiking, eating out doors, etc., appeals in every way to me. It's just that I feel such a glimpse of God and Promise in the process. In the painfulness of life that we cannot escape, there is dying, loss, grief. Yet, just like the beauty of spring, He is able, in due season, to glance my way and life stirs again. At the hint of a breath from Him, as Tagore states,in the midst of my dying, wings flutter, colors flash, and a sweet perfume fills the air. I am resurrected. At times, I am so dulled that it is only by being a witness to this incredible drama that I can grasp hope that can only come from Him.
    Having said this, I COULD be persuaded to consider a whole new set of metaphors, which surely must be present in places with warm, balmy days and glorious ocean sunsets!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha i feel like there should be some sort of orchestra playing to this blog entry. got to love illinois. snow one day, blossom the next!

    ReplyDelete